Sunday, May 17, 2009

God is Love!

John 15: 9 - 17
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.  "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.  This I command you, to love one another.


Today's Gospel expresses what is in my heart.  My desire for consecration to God.  I heard a calling to love back when I was in the convent, and this love is from God.  I pray that I never fail this love.  I pray that I love  God as I should and I always share that love which comes from God...

Today I went to confession with Fr. Jonathan.  He told me that as I get closer to God, as I continue to grow spiritually, I am reaching into the deepest parts of my soul.  He said, it is in these depths where I will experience a rich and profound beauty I have not yet witnessed. But, he warned, in these deep parts of the soul, I will see the fullness of my fallen nature as well.  It will "horrify" me.  He told me that the Blessed Mother is a "powerful intercessor" and I need to go to her to be able to deal with this...

We all have the capability to reach God where He dwells.  Fr. Jonathan says we all share in the "school of inner greatness."  God is present to us, inside of us...inside our souls.  We are never abandoned by God.  We abandon Him when we sin, but He will never abandon us...

When I received Our Lord today, I felt as if He was telling me to worship Him in this Holy Communion, not as on the outside of me, but within...  IT is hard to grasp the awesome union we enjoy with Jesus when we receive His Flesh and Blood inside us...

Jesus also reminded me that HE WANTS UNION with me even more so than I do with Him!  Our Saviour IS LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment